The Physician Assistant is a midlevel to senior level Practitioner who by virtue of advanced training and experience is qualified to function in a collaborative role with the attending surgeon in providing care to a diverse patient population in an inpatient surgical service.
- Graduate of an approved Physician Assistant program;
- Bachelors Degree required, Masters Degree preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of experience required
- Must have current valid Massachusetts license and be prescriptive eligible.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complete individual daily rounds on all inpatients and documentation of medical plan by writing daily notes.
- Communicates on a daily basis with attending physicians regarding all patients.
- Provides routine medical management of inpatient care including ordering of diagnostic tests, labs, x-rays, medications (within the scope of the PA license), nutrition and follow up on test results.
- Works collaboratively with house staff and takes direction from senior house staff or senior resident on specific patient care duties.
- Conducts minor procedures (under the direction and supervision of the Attending Physician), including: chest tubes, indwelling venous and arterial catheters, nasogastric tubes, bladder catheters, minor wound debridement and removal of drains, repair of lacerations and I&D of abscesses.
- Initiates appropriate emergency care until the arrival of the supervising physician
- Functions as first or second assistant in the operating room as necessary, serving as backup to interns and residents.
- Participates in weekly Surgical Clinic as needed
- Performs appropriate history and physical examinations and plan of care on Emergency Department consults and admissions to the surgical service.
We have won numerous awards including a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures by The Joint Commission, a national hospital safety score “A” rating by The Leapfrog Group, a Top Hospital from US News & World Report, and a naming to the Harvard Pilgrim Hospital and Physician Group Honor Rolls. As well as Healthiest 100 Workplaces in America!
Contact us at email@example.com
Pre-hire Screening Measures (including Non-Smoking Hiring Policy) at Signature Healthcare- To take further steps in preserving and improving the health of all of our employees, Signature Healthcare has implemented a non-smoking hiring policy requiring all individuals who have been offered a job at Signature Healthcare Brockton Hospital, Signature Medical Group (SMG) , or the Brockton Hospital School of nursing to take a nicotine test during their pre-hire screening process. This non-smoking hiring policy is an addition to existing pre-hire screening measures. This urine-based nicotine test detects the presence of all forms of nicotine.